Dr. Matthew Ragsdell
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Matthew Ragsdell is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with an additional certification in sports medicine. He specializes in sports medicine for hip, knee, shoulder, wrist, elbow, and ankle injuries. Dr. Ragsdell prides himself on spending more time with his patients than the average orthopaedic surgeon, taking the time to explain options to his patients from conservative treatment up to surgery.
Dr. Ragsdell attended Evangel University for his Bachelor of Science in Biology, with a minor in Chemistry. He went on to attend Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, where he received a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree. He then completed a General Rotating Internship and an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency with Michigan State University at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital. After his internship and residency, Dr. Ragsdell completed a Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction Fellowship at William Beaumont Hospital where he trained with Dr. Kyle Anderson, the team doctor for the Detroit Lions.
Dr. Ragsdell has done consulting work with Arthrex. Outside of his practice, Dr. Ragsdell is actively involved in his community and church, serving as a little league and soccer coach.
- Bachelor of Science – Biology (Minor in Chemistry): Evangel University, Springfield, MO
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- General Rotating Internship: Michigan State University – Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Michigan State University – Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan
- Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction Fellowship: William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
Matthew Ragsdell, DO
Dr. Ragsdell is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine doctor who specializes in the following:
- Minimally Invasive Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- SLAP Repair
- Meniscus Injuries
- ACL Injuries
- Wrist Injuries
- Elbow Injuries
- Ankle Injuries
- Hip Injuries