Dr. Christopher Schrock
Interventional Pain Management
Dr. Christopher Schrock is our interventional pain management specialist at Tampa Bay Spine & Sport. He specializes in nonsurgical treatment options for spine conditions, including epidurals, SI joint injections, medial branch block, radiofrequency ablation, and occipital nerve blocks.
Dr. Schrock was born and raised in Tampa Florida. He completed his undergraduate and medical school training at the University of South Florida. He went on to do an anesthesia residency at the University of Tennessee. Then, he returned to Tampa to do an Interventional Pain Fellowship. He was hired on staff at USF to serve his hometown community. Throughout his career, he has completed several peer-reviewed journal articles, academic presentations, abstracts, and case studies.
Dr. Schrock holds privileges at multiple local hospitals, which represents his desire to care for a wide variety of patients. His primary appointment is at the James A Haley VA hospital, where he is medical director of the Chronic Outpatient Rehabilitation Pain Program. He is also still active at Moffitt Cancer Center and practices his primary specialty of anesthesiology at AdventHealth. Previously, he participated in Project SHOUT as part of a surgical team that went to Arcahaie, Haiti to provide healthcare services and educate local providers on their techniques.
- Bachelor of Science – Biomedical Sciences: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Medical Degree: University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- Transitional Year Residency: University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- Anesthesiology Residency: University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
- Interventional Pain Fellowship: University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- Florida Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Knoxville Academy of Medicine
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Florida Society of Anesthesiologists
Christopher Schrock, MD
Dr. Schrock specializes in interventional pain management, providing nonsurgical diagnostic and treatment options for spine conditions, including:
- SI joint injections
- Medial branch blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Occipital nerve blocks